Search Engine Optimization or SEO has become a tool that is used widely across industries. From start-ups to large conglomerates to brands that have already established themselves in the market, all kinds of companies are seen using SEO as a part of their digital marketing plans. However, one of the most frequently asked questions by everyone who delves into SEO is – “How long does it take for SEO to show results?”
The truth is that there is no fixed answer to this. The first thing companies need to understand is that SEO does not produce results overnight. While there will be an increase in the traffic directed to a website once an SEO campaign is put into play, in an ideal situation, quantifiable results can be seen only after four to six months. Furthermore, SEO is a long-term strategy, so in order to see significant growth, organizations need to devote a considerable amount of time and effort towards their campaigns.
Table of Contents
Why Does SEO Take So Long to Show Results?
The results seen through SEO are dependent on several factors, which is why it takes longer than other marketing tools to produce results. From Technical SEO to On-Page and Off-Page activities, there are several components that go into an effective SEO strategy. Below are some of the factors that influence the success of an SEO campaign.
- Content Optimization –The content on your website plays a prominent role in impacting your SEO campaigns. From optimizing your site’s information to selecting the right keywords, providing user-friendly content for your On-Page and Off-Page SEO activities, and integrating the relevant images and videos on your site, the success of your campaign depends on how well you showcase your content.
- Competition – If the industry you are in is highly competitive you will likely take longer to see results. With more competition, it becomes tougher for your website to climb up the rankings on Google because there are other companies simultaneously executing campaigns using the same keywords. Optimizing such websites requires more time and effort than a website that has a lower level of competition. The competition in the market for particular keywords, too, can affect your results.
- Previous SEO Campaigns – If you have conducted successful SEO campaigns in the past, your website may have already moved higher than earlier, which could help your new campaign show results a little faster. However, if your previous SEO campaign was not conducted in the right manner, it could also have adverse effects on your results.
- Domain Age – Domain Age refers to how old your website’s domain is. Search engines like Google and Yahoo are more likely to consider a website that is older as more credible. Goole also uses the date on which your domain expires as a factor while considering your website’s credibility, which can affect your rankings.
All these factors together have a direct influence on the realization of your SEO efforts and need to be kept in mind before executing any marketing plans.
What Are the Factors Through Which We Can Measure SEO Results?
While SEO may not produce results overnight, there are several ways to track your SEO progress. Whether you are handling SEO in-house or have hired an external agency, here are some of the key areas to look at:
- Website’s Traffic – The main aim of SEO is to improve your website’s traffic, making it the main factor to consider while looking at the success of a campaign. Checking your organic traffic regularly will help you understand whether your methods are working or if they need to be altered. You can even get these figures using Google Analytics.
- Keyword Ranking – Keywords play an integral role in SEO. Once you have chosen appropriate keywords, you can verify your website’s ranking in relation to those keywords to understand their performance. Over time, you can replace the keywords that do not provide the desired results with more competitive and suitable ones.
- Domain Authority – A website’s Domain Authority refers to its relevance and credibility in a particular subject or industry. This relevance impacts its rankings on search engines, making it a vital factor in measuring an SEO campaign’s success. There are several tools to help check your website’s domain ranking and authority.
- Backlinks – Backlinks refer to a link to your website from another website. They are another critical factor that Google considers while ranking websites as it shows that your content is relevant and valuable enough for another website to refer to it. You will also be able to track the progress of your link-building strategies by monitoring your backlinks.
- Click-Through Rate –Click-Through Rate or CTR refers to the ratio of users who click on an advertisement to the number of people who view the website or ad. Your CTR will determine whether you maintain your ranking in SEO and can be checked through the Google Search Console.
- Bounce Rate –Bounce Rate, a term used regularly in SEO, refers to the percentage of people who visit a website and leave instead of staying on the website to browse more i.e. single-page sessions. A higher bounce rate is not desirable and thus is a metric to keep an eye on.
- Visibility – Every organization that uses SEO as a tool is looking to improve its online visibility. Search engine visibility provides you with the number of people who see your website in search engine results. There are several tools available that can be used to assess your website’s visibility and help you gauge if you are on the right track.
- Conversions – The final goal of any marketing campaign is the Conversion Rate. The number of leads you get from the campaign and the number of people who actually buy your product on account of the campaign help you assess how profitable your endeavours have been. Google Analytics is one such tool that can help you keep a tab on your Conversion Rate.
Is It Worth Paying for SEO Services?
The benefits you can get from hiring a professional agency for your SEO activities are numerous. SEO keeps changing and having someone with the right expertise can be extremely beneficial to your business. While SEO may be easy to understand, it also covers various technical aspects, which is where having qualified persons to handle the job comes in handy. Similarly, SEO agencies can provide you with the latest techniques and ideas to help you improve your website’s authority and credibility. SEO agencies also tend to have personalized pricing plans to suit every kind of budget, making it easier to invest in.
Is Website Structure a Factor for SEO?
Yes, definitely! Having an organized website is extremely essential to SEO. Your website’s structure is also analyzed by Google’s algorithms, and in order to improve the same, focusing on your site’s structure first is vital. The technical aspects like header tags, crawling and indexing, hierarchy, internal linking, and URL structure play an important role. A disorganized website structure will only make it more difficult for users to navigate your site and will, in turn, hinder your SEO progress.
In conclusion, SEO is an activity that has long-term and long-lasting results. To achieve the ideal outcome, you need to give it the dedication and time it deserves and not expect to see drastic changes overnight. Do not be fooled by agencies that promise you otherwise.
At Couchdeck Digital Marketing, we have a team of experts who understand the nuances of SEO and are equipped with the knowledge to help you grow your business. If you are looking at upgrading your marketing plans, call us on +91 2241483000 or mail us on [email protected] today!