Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a widely used digital marketing tool to help brands improve their online presence and visibility. It is also used to improve the traffic to one’s website and, in turn, to improve leads and conversions. Companies all over the world, both small and large, use SEO tools as a part of their marketing practices. However, the big question most firms have is whether they should do it in-house or if they should hire an agency to get it done. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of both options:
Table of Contents
- Knowledge of the Brand: An employee of your company or an in-house team will certainly know and understand your brand better than anyone else. If they have the right SEO knowledge, knowing which keywords to target and what is recognized in your industry would come more easily to them.
- Personal Involvement: Having a dedicated team within the organization can be advantageous as the team can be more involved in the day-to-day activities and events that take place. Being in the office every day gives these teams the opportunity to sit in business meetings and understand a company’s values and goals in more detail.
- Quicker Execution: Another advantage is the fast turnaround time. Implementing new ideas and making edits due to sudden changes can be done in a shorter time frame. It also means more transparency and allows you to keep a regular check on the quality of work.
- Requires In-Depth Knowledge: Most people who take up SEO in-house are generally able to only look after certain On-Page and Off-Page activities. Overseeing other SEO services like Link Building, Technical SEO, Global and Multilanguage SEO, etc., is more challenging and requires experts in the field.
- Time Consuming: SEO may seem simple, but it requires both experience and dedication in order to be successful. Since it is for the long run, the entire process needs constant monitoring and takes up a lot of time. Hence, it may be more beneficial for one to focus their time on other day-to-day activities.
- Training and Development: While looking after SEO needs within the company can seem like a more viable option, hiring the right candidates and training them can be a long and tedious process.Recruiting and coaching a team of employees can also prove to be quite expensive. Another disadvantage is that in-house employees are more likely to get preoccupied with other responsibilities given to them.
Hiring an Agency:
- Advanced Expertise: SEO is a constantly evolving process. One needs to keep up with the ever-changing trends and the latest algorithms. Agencies have the means and proficiency to stay in the know and have professionals to help firms achieve their business goals. They will also have a better understanding of the more technical and advanced concepts of SEO.
- Holistic Campaigns: Agencies cover all the different aspects of SEO, from On-Page and Off-Page activities to SEO Audits, Keyword Research, Website Optimization, Technical SEO, and Local SEO.They explore every approach to help one get the desired results. With an agency, one also gains access to the newest methods and techniques.
- Cost-Effective: Hiring an agency can be more cost-effective than taking care of SEO oneself. Most SEO companies will also have customized pricing plans to suit one’s financial capabilities and requirements.SEO agencies look after one’s entire SEO campaign from start to finish, all within a fixed budget, leaving you with no unforeseen expenses.
- Finding the Right Agency Can Take Time: Searching for an agency that understands one’s business and vision may take longer than expected. Many companies need to work with one to two SEO agencies before they find the right fit. Trust is also an important factor when it comes to hiring an external company, which can make the process more challenging.
- Reporting Systems: Agencies tend to have reviews on a monthly basis as SEO, too, does not produce results overnight. Thus, if one is looking for changes or reports in the middle of a month, they may have to wait longer than they would have had to with an internal team.
- Long-Term Contracts: SEO agencies, like all external parties, tend to sign contracts for a minimum of six months at a time. While this also means a commitment from their side, in case the company does not fit the bill, one may be forced to stay with them until the lock-in period is completed.
That being said, the choice needs to be made based on your organization’s current standing, objectives, competition, and the nature of your business. If you want complete control over your business, having an in-house team may seem better. However, the benefits you can get from hiring an agency definitely outweigh the drawbacks. From having more time to concentrate on your daily tasks to having someone conduct end-to-end research for you while providing all-inclusive solutions, the list is endless.
The progress you can achieve by hiring an agency certainly surpasses that made by doing your own SEO, as agencies are more aware of what works and what does not. Given the different types of clients they keep working with, they will also be able to guide you more effectively when executing campaigns. A good agency will also work with you to overcome the challenges faced when dealing with external companies. In conclusion, hiring the right agency can prove to be more reasonable, provide better results, and help you achieve the desired results more easily and efficiently.
At Couchdeck Digital Marketing, our main aim is to provide our partners with a detailed SEO plan and ideal solutions for their business. We also offer personalized proposals for organizations to select from. For a free consultation, you can call us on +91 2241483000 or mail us on [email protected].